Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti Earthquake 2010

This disaster is so devastating on so many levels. The poorest country in the Western Hemisphere gets hit with hurricanes and has a corrupt government. Now they are worse off than before.

When it first happened and I heard about all the aid that was being sent over, I felt positive that perhaps the rebuilding of the country would eventually bring them up to a better quality of life than they had before. Of course, to the people who lost their lives or loved ones, nothing can replace that.

I wish I could go help, but I am barely surviving in my life, as it is. If I had the luxury to go help, I wouldn't hesitate, as I know many of my students, friends and family would as well.

I do know someone who is able to help and is making his 2nd trip to help the people of Haiti and I am so proud of him. He has been telling me what he has encountered and of the devastation he has seen.
Please pay attention to this issue and comment. I will update soon with more details from the person I know who is over there right now.

1 comment:

  1. I Agree! This disaster has made houses go flying and loved ones dying. It is great that everyone is doing there best to help, even this late after it.

    ReplyDelete